Experience the Far East! Sold Out!
November 8 through November 18, 2018
Leader: Patt Wattanasupt and Denise Silva
Limited to 6 participants, Minimum 4 participants
Bangkok, the capital and most populous city in Thailand, is located on the Chao Phraya River delta, about 25 miles north of the Gulf of Thailand. Bangkok bustles with activity and is noted for its bountiful cultural attractions (e.g., temples, markets, shops, and more). We will visit the amazing Floating Market which offers residents and visitors a variety of foods and merchandise sold daily from boats on the canals and offers photographers tremendous opportunity to capture unique cultural images.
In addition to exploring Bangkok, we will also visit the Ayuthaya Province, Trad Province, and Koh Kood Island.
To register, click here:
Cost —$5,500 double occupancy. If you do not want to share a room with another participant, there will be an additional single supplement fee of $700.
- All lodging in Thailand (7 nights in Bangkok and 2 nights on Koh Kood Island).
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner (excluding alcohol).
- All transportation in Thailand and environs.
- All fees to visit various sights.
- Eight days of photography in Thailand, surrounding countryside and on Koh Kood Island.
- Expert guide and local knowledge, with instruction geared to your level of expertise.
- An unforgettable experience not to be found anywhere else in the world.
- We will also provide each participant with detailed recommendations concerning camera gear and other equipment, clothing, and travel recommendations shortly after you enroll.
Not included —
- Airfare and other travel costs from your home to Bangkok and back.
- Alcoholic beverages.
- Travel insurance.
Hotel Accommodations —
All participants will be sharing rooms, unless you specifically request a private room and pay a single supplement fee of $700. In Bangkok, our lodging 4-5 star accommodations and will be in the heart of Bangkok. We will travel to our destinations in a van with a local guide. When sharing a room, you will be paired with another participant of the same gender.
Sample Itinerary — Subject to Change —
Thursday, November 8 (recommended) or Friday, November 9 —
- Flights to Bangkok; whatever times and connections work best for you. You will loss a full day in travel heading to Bangkok. Expect travel time to be approximately 24 hours. Some airline/flight combinations will require an overnight flight or a long overnight layover en route. You can often find less expensive flights on other airlines.
- If you leave on Thursday, you will arrive and check-in on Friday night and have a full night to acclimate to the time zone.
Saturday, November 10 through Monday, November 12—
- We will explore Bangkok, visiting the Grand Palace, various temples, China Town and more.
Tuesday, November 13 —
- In the morning, we travel to Ayuthaya Province to see temples and ruins, and explore more of the country side.
Wednesday, November 14 —
- In the morning, we travel to a variety of markets, to include the Fresh Market and the Floating Market.
Thursday, November 15 through Friday, November 16 —
- We will travel by van to Trad Province and take a speedboat to Koh Kood Island, where we will stay in a beach resort for two nights. During these days/nights, we will be able to explore the island, enjoy the beach, explore the village, and in addition to our photography we can experience various activities, such as snorkeling, hiking, kayaking, that are included with our lodging.
Saturday, November 17 —
- We will travel back to Bangkok and have the evening enjoy.
Sunday, November 18 —
- Fly home. For some, depending on your flights, you will either arrive home on Sunday or on Monday morning.
Sunrise / Sunset —
During our stay in Thailand, sunrise, sunset, and twilight will be within a few minutes of the following —
- Civil Twilight begins 5:55 AM
- Sunrise 6:17 AM
- Sunset 5:47 PM
- Civil Twilight ends 6:10 PM
Weather Notes; Expected High and Low Temperatures —
Historical weather data for Thailand in November indicates we are likely to experience a daily high of about 91ºF during our visit and a daily low of about 75ºF. During November, rain may occur, but historically it averages less than an inch.
Travel Insurance —
All participants are strongly advised to purchase travel protection insurance.Travelinsurance.com offers many different options from various vendors and allows for product comparison.
Tour Cancellation Policy —
We may cancel this trip if, by October 1, 2017, fewer than four participants have enrolled. If we cancel the tour, we will notify you by email on October 1, and 100% of any payments you made will be refunded. We will not be responsible for booked airfare or other fees and expenses you may have incurred. We will notify you when the minimum number of participants has been reached. We also strongly recommend travel insurance whenever you are traveling.
Participant Cancellation Policy —
We require written notice of your cancellation (email will be adequate). If you cancel on or after June 15, 2018, a non-refundable fee will be assessed —
- If you cancel anytime after September 15, 2018 – 100% of all fees paid are non-refundable, but 75% can be applied to any of our 2018 or 2019 tours. If you do not use your 75% credit by December 31, 2019, it is entirely non-refundable and cannot be applied to a future tour.
- If you cancel anytime from August 1 through September 15, 2018 — If another participant fills your spot, we will refund your entire deposit. If another participant does not fill your spot, 100% of the fees paid are non-refundable, but 75% can be applied to any of our 2018 or 2019 tours. If you do not use your 75% credit by December 31, 2019, it is entirely non-refundable and cannot be applied to a future tour.
- If you cancel anytime from June 15 through July 31 2018 — If another participant fills your spot, we will refund your entire deposit. If another participant does not fill your spot, we will return your deposit, except we will retain a $500 non-refundable fee, but the $500 non-refundable fee can be applied to any of our 2018 or 2019 tours. If you do not use your $500 credit by December 31, 2019, it is entirely non-refundable and cannot be applied to a future tour.
- If you cancel before June 15, 2018 — We will refund your entire deposit.
Non-shooting Significant Other —
You are free to bring along a non-shooting significant other, but to do so you must pay the single supplement / private room fee when you enroll. Also, please be aware that because of limited vehicle seating, we may not be able to provide transportation to any non-participant. There are many opportunities to enjoy Thailand for non-shooting significant others, such as relaxing in a Thai spa and indulging on a Thai Massage, shopping, relaxing on the beach, and more.
179 total views, 2 views today