Experience the Wild Beauty of Patagonia, from Argentina and Chile!
April 20 – May 1, 2019
Join Road Runner Photography Tours for a “life list” adventure. We will spend 12 days exploring Patagonia, from both Argentinian and Chilean sides! We will experience stunning landscapes that include majestic mountain ranges, enormous spires reaching into the skies, still lakes, and even glaciers.
Cost $7250/participant – Double Occupancy
Single Supplement – $950
Maximum # of Participants: 12
Guides: Alejandro Capelli and Denise Silva
Day 1 (Saturday) Welcome to Argentina.
Arrival to El Calafate, Patagonia Argentina. We will have a briefing on Patagonia and the itinerary at the hotel.
Day 2 (Sunday) El Calafate- Full day excursion to Perito Moreno Glacier.
Driving across the Patagonian steppe by private bus, towards the Glaciers National Park, we will arrive to the unique Perito Moreno Glacier. The accessibility to this glacier gives chances to have stunning panoramic views of the immense wall of ice, and with some luck, catch impressive ice-calvings. Later, with the proper conditions, sunset could paint clouds and mountains, with incredible colors.
Day 3 through Day 6 From El Calafate to El Chaltén.
We will travel on the famous Route 40 by private bus to El Chaltén, Argentina. Around noon, we check into our hotel. We stay in the small village of El Chaltén from Day 3 trough Day6, exploring the area, visiting different locations with magnificent views of Fitz Roy, the Andes range, and pristine rivers with waterfalls surrounded with autumn foliage.
Day 7 through Day 10 From El Chaltén to Torres del Paine NP, Chile.
If the weather cooperates, one last morning shoot in El Chaltén on Day 7, and then, we travel to Torres del Paine in Chile. The hotel where we will stay until Day 11, is situated in an unbeatable location, from where we will be shooting the stunning and iconic rock formation of Los Cuernos (the Horns). Also, during the stay, we will travel along the park, to different locations, mainly early in the morning and during dusk.
Day 11 (Tuesday) From Torres del Paine to El Calafate
After the sunrise shoot, we transfer back to El Calafate, Argentina. After having dinner as a group, we officially conclude the tour.
Day 12 (Wednesday)
Participants depart on domestic and international flights.
While most shooting locations can be reached by road, we will do some hiking. Hikes will typically be easy to moderate in difficulty, and will be less than a mile one way, but a few hikes may involve some moderate elevation gain, longer distances and require travel over rocky terrain. Decent physical fitness will certainly facilitate your enjoyment of this workshop.
Patagonian weather could be unpredictable, strong winds, rain, snow, low temperatures (few degrees below freezing point + wind), so warm cloths, long underwear, waterproof jacket, pants and shoes are very important to keep you dry warm under those conditions.
For those folks interested in a hike on the Perito Moreno Glacier, that can be arranged for additional cost (approx. $180 USD). The hike will last 2 hours. Restrictions include: 65 years or younger and no tripod. Although you are welcome to take your camera, the hike is not geared to shooting for any length of time. It is more of a hike, pause, shoot, repeat.
For those wine connoisseurs, Argentina and Chile both offer some great opportunities to possibly discover a new favorite. Argentina is known for some great wines, from Malbecs and Cabernet Sauvignons to Torrontés, if you prefer white wine. Chile is know for Carmenere, a smooth red wine grape.
- Double occupancy lodging with breakfast
- Private transportation
- Entrance fees and local guides
- Airfare to and from Buenos Aires (EZE) and on to Calafate (airport code FTE). Your flight to Calafate, may need to originate from the Domestic airport (AEP), which can be accessed by bus from EZE.
- Although not included, we will facilitate planning for:
– Transport from Calafate to our hotel.
– Lodging in Buenos Aires or Calafate for before or after the trip if you would like to spend some additional time.
- Visas, if applicable. U.S. citizens need a valid passport to enter Argentina. Private U.S. citizens do not need a visa for visits of up to 90 days for tourism or business. Diplomatic or official passport holders must get visas prior to arrival.
- Local airport taxes
- Travel insurance (highly recommended). (Travelinsurance.com)
- Excess baggage charges.
- Laundry charges and items of personal nature.
- Lunches, dinners, and alcoholic beverages.
- Optional pre- or post-tours.
- $1000 deposit required at time of registration, non-refundable.
- $2500 payment is due on or before August 31, 2018.
- Balance is due no later than February 20, 2019.
After February 20, 2019, all payments are non-refundable.
Participant Cancellation Policy and Refund Policy:
RRPT requires written notice of your cancellation (email will be adequate), at which time the following fees are non-refundable:
- 60 days or less before the start of the trip – 100% of the fees paid are non-refundable
- 61-100 days – RRPT will refund your payment if we can fill your spot. If your spot is not filled, the deposit is non-refundable.
- 101-145 days – $500 non-refundable fee will be retained.
- 146+ days $100 non-refundable fee will be retained.
RRPT Cancellation of Photo Tour:
RRPT reserves the right to cancel any workshop if our minimum participant enrollment is not met or other unforeseen event. In the event we cancel a workshop, participants will be given the option to reschedule to a later date or receive a full refund. We are not however liable for any expenses incurred including (but not limited to) costs such as airfare or accommodations. We recommend you purchase travel insurance!
Participants are strongly advised to purchase travel protection insurance. Travelinsurance.com offers different options from various vendors and allows for product comparison.
412 total views, 2 views today