Bangkok and Beyond – Thailand! – November 15 through November 25, 2018
Experience the Far East! 3 – spots available!
Spend eight days in Thailand, including Bangkok and surrounding countryside, including the Ayuthaya Province and Chiang Mai Provinces.
You will enjoy:
- Thai-American tour facilitator, fully bilingual with tons of local knowledge.
- Guide has experience with capturing images is this unique location with knowledge of the best locations.
- Expert instruction, geared to your level of expertise for an enhanced learning experience.
- Full days in the field shooting, with instruction provided as needed to elevate your photography.
- Photography tour designed to create a fun and interactive environment that enhances your individual experience.
- Experienced location guidance.
- Feedback and image critiques and helpful suggestions throughout the trip.
- Instruction on image processing as requested.
Leaders: Patt Wattanasupt and Denise Silva
Limited to 6 participants, Minimum 4 participants
Our Thai-American guide with show us the incredible city of Bangkok, as well as the Chiang Mai Province. Bangkok, the capital and most populous city in Thailand, is located on the Chao Phraya River delta, about 25 miles north of the Gulf of Thailand. Bangkok bustles with activity and is noted for its bountiful cultural attractions (e.g., temples, markets, shops, and more). We will visit the amazing Floating Market that offers residents and visitors a variety of foods and merchandise sold daily from boats on the canals and offers photographers tremendous opportunity to capture unique cultural images.
In addition to exploring Bangkok, we will also visit the Ayuthaya Province for the spectacular ruins and Chiang Mai Province to see its large and famous night bazaar for local arts and handicrafts. The night markets extend across several city blocks along footpaths, inside buildings and temple grounds, and in open squares. Experience this amazing cross-section of art and culture; simply a visual delight!
This trip will have amazing landscapes and amazing street photography opportunities. Literally something for everyone!
To register, click here:
Cost —$5,500 double occupancy. If you do not want to share a room with another participant, there will be an additional single supplement fee of $700.
- All lodging in Thailand (7 nights in Bangkok and 2 nights on Koh Kood Island).
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner (excluding alcohol).
- All transportation in Thailand and environs.
- All fees to visit various sights.
- Eight days of photography in Thailand, including Bangkok and surrounding countryside. Ayuthaya Province and Chiang Mai Province
- Expert guide and local knowledge, with instruction geared to your level of expertise.
- An unforgettable experience not to be found anywhere else in the world.
- We will also provide each participant with detailed recommendations concerning camera gear and other equipment, clothing, and travel recommendations shortly after you enroll.
Not included —
- Airfare and other travel costs from your home to Bangkok and back.
- Alcoholic beverages.
- Travel insurance.
Hotel Accommodations —
All participants will be sharing rooms, unless you specifically request a private room and pay a single supplement fee of $700. In Bangkok, our lodging 4-5 star accommodations and will be in the heart of Bangkok. We will travel to our destinations in a van with a local guide. When sharing a room, you will be paired with another participant of the same gender.
Sample Itinerary — Subject to Change —
Thursday, November 15 (recommended) or Friday, November 9 —
- Flights to Bangkok; whatever times and connections work best for you. You will loss a full day in travel heading to Bangkok. Expect travel time to be approximately 24 hours. Some airline/flight combinations will require an overnight flight or a long overnight layover en route. You can often find less expensive flights on other airlines.
- If you leave on Thursday, you will arrive and check-in on Friday night and have a full night to acclimate to the time zone.
Saturday, November 17 through Monday, November 12—
- The group will meet for breakfast at the hotel. Then we will explore Bangkok, visiting the Grand Palace, various temples. You will have a chance to try an authentic traditional Thai Massage at the first medical school of massage where Thai massage is originated and taught for centuries.
Sunday, November 18
- In the morning, we travel to the world-famous Damnoen Saduak Floating Market. You will get a chance to take pictures of the river packed with wooden boats overflowing with fruit and vegetables.
- After the floating market, we will continue to Maeklong Railway Market (Folding Umbrella Market– a fresh market where we might witness a train runs through the middle of the market. ** depends on train schedule**
Monday, November 19
- We will continue to explore Bangkok. This is a chance for you to practice your Street Photography skill. We will visit bustling streets of Bangkok, China Town area and more.
Tuesday, November 20
- In the morning, we will travel to Ayuthaya Province to see temples and ruins, and explore more of the country side.
Wednesday, November 21
- After breakfast at the hotel, we will check out and catch a domestic flight to Chiang Mai (flight is included in tour price, but bag fees will be extra per participant). We will visit Doi Suthep Temple for sunset/twilight. In the evening, we will explore the night bazaar in old town Chiang Ma
Thursday, November 22
- As we will be in a midst of one of the most important festivals in Thailand – Loy Krathong Festival ( Yee Peng Lantern Festival) , there will be a lot of activities around Chiang Mail during the day for you to photograph and experience Thai culture . The city and streets will be decorated.
- In the evening, we will get ready for the spectacular celebration where thousands of illuminated lantern are released into the sky.
Friday, November 23
- We will visit the Elephant Sanctuary. You can participate in bathing the elephants or enjoy an elephant ride (at additional cost between $80-100). In the afternoon we will visit with a small hill tribe village to experience the culture of this amazing area. In the evening, we can enjoy a nice meal (with the group or on your own if you’d like), and further explore the night bazaar and Chiang Mai.
Saturday, November 24
- We will visit the morning market, where local shops present offerings to the monks in order to please the spirits. In the afternoon, we will fly back to Bangkok, check in to our hotel and enjoy the afternoon and evening as we prepare to return home.
Sunday, November 25
- Fly home. For some, depending on your flights, you will either arrive home on Sunday or on Monday morning.
Sunrise / Sunset —
During our stay in Thailand, sunrise, sunset, and twilight will be within a few minutes of the following —
- Civil Twilight begins 5:55 AM
- Sunrise 6:17 AM
- Sunset 5:47 PM
- Civil Twilight ends 6:10 PM
Weather Notes; Expected High and Low Temperatures —
Historical weather data for Thailand in November indicates we are likely to experience a daily high of about 91ºF during our visit and a daily low of about 75ºF. During November, rain may occur, but historically it averages less than an inch.
Travel Insurance —
All participants are strongly advised to purchase travel protection insurance.Travelinsurance.com offers many different options from various vendors and allows for product comparison.
Participant Information, Waiver, and Release – click here.
Healthy Packing List – click here.
Vaccination Information – click here.
Non-shooting Significant Other —
You are free to bring along a non-shooting significant other, but to do so you must pay the single supplement / private room fee when you enroll. Also, please be aware that because of limited vehicle seating, we may not be able to provide transportation to any non-participant. There are many opportunities to enjoy Thailand for non-shooting significant others, such as relaxing in a Thai spa and indulging on a Thai Massage, shopping, relaxing on the beach, and more.
751 total views, 1 views today