Death Valley – Spring in the Desert – March 10 – 14, 2019
Limit: 10 participants
Join us for the amazing tour of Death Vally; a large desert valley that lays below sea level. Death Valley’s Badwater Basin is the point of the lowest elevation in North America, at 282 feet (86 m) below sea level. While at first glance this might appear to be a stark and lonesome landscape, Death Valley’s diversity offers much to landscape photographers. From Sand Dunes, to Salt Flats, to Multi-hued Volcanic and Sedimentary hills, the opportunities are numerous. In spite of the overwhelming heat and sparse rainfall, Death Valley exhibits considerable biodiversity. Each spring, wildflowers, watered by snowmelt, carpet the desert floor. During this tour, we will also visit the Alabama Hills near Lone Pine, CA. The Alabama Hills sit at the base of the Sierra Nevada Mountains and is known for its natural arches and interesting rock formations.
- We will meet up on Saturday, March 10, around 4PM at the hotel and then head out to shoot through sunset.
- Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday will be full days exploring the National Park and environs, with some time midday for lunch and R&R.
- Thursday, we will be up early, shooting the sunrise, returning to the hotel in time for checkout.
- We have chosen a time-frame with dark skies so that we can also work on night and milky way photography!
Included in the Cost:
- Expert instruction, geared to your level of expertise
- Full days in the field shooting, with instruction provided as needed to elevate your photography
- Tour designed to create a fun and interactive environment that enhances your individual experience
- Experienced location guidance
- Feedback and image critiques and helpful suggestions throughout the trip
- Instruction on image processing as requested
- Park Access Fees
Not Included in the Cost:
- Lodging – although we have a block of rooms at a reduced rate.
- Transportation – We will carpool from hotel to locations
Additional tour details will be provided upon registration.
All participants are strongly advised to purchase travel protection insurance. Travelinsurance.com offers many different options from various vendors and allows for product comparison.
Healthy Packing List – click here.
Tour Cancellation Policy:
Minimum number of participants is 4. If RRPT does not meet the required minimum, 100% of the deposit will be refunded. RRPT will not be responsible for booked airfare or other fees and expenses. RRPT will notify participants when the minimum number of participants has been reached. Please do not book your airfare until RRPT has confirmed the trip.
Participant Cancellation Policy:
RRPT requires written notice of your cancellation (email will be adequate), at which time the following fees are non-refundable:
- 60 days or less before the start of the trip – 100% of the fees paid are non-refundable
- 61-100 days – RRPT will refund your payment if we can fill your spot. If your spot is not filled, the deposit is non-refundable.
- 101-145 days – $500 non-refundable fee will be retained.
- 146+ days $100 non-refundable fee will be retained.
RRPT Cancellation of Photo Tour:
RRPT reserves the right to cancel any workshop if our minimum participant enrollment is not met or other unforeseen event. In the event we cancel a workshop, participants will be given the option to reschedule to a later date or receive a full refund. We are not however, liable for any expenses incurred including (but not limited to) costs such as airfare or accommodations, and for this reason will also recommend the purchase of trip insurance.
210 total views, 0 views today