April 24 – 30, 2024
Patagonia, particularly Torres del Paine National Park, is one of the most spectacular places on Earth. There is really no way to describe, or even truly capture, the breathtaking landscapes, enhanced by tremendous atmospheric weather, but that certainly doesn’t stop us from trying! Below you will see some of what I mean. The mountains are majestic, the weather is moody, and top this off with wildlife, it makes for a trip of a life time! This trip is going to be a bit different than our other trips to Patagonia. With a maximum of only 4 guests, access to instruction and guidance will be unprecedented. Additionally, we will be spending two (2) days on “the ranch” with a focus on puma photography, with only three people (guide and two guests) per car! This trip will be a truly immersive experience!
Since we will be in the Southern Hemisphere, the season will be autumn. Fall colors, from yellows to magenta will enhance our images! The pumas, who will hopefully have new batches of cubs, should be out of hiding, as the cubs will be many months old. With nature working in our favor, this will be an epic trip! In the images below, you will see a mother puma (with a bad right eye) and her male and female cub from two years ago. The expectation of our puma expert is that these cubs will start their own adult journeys next year and the females will be breeding this spring. Creating a new batch of young cubs!
You will enjoy:
- Bilingual Argentinian and Chilean photographers to guide us in country, with experience with capturing images is this unique location.
- Accommodations near our shooting locations, double occupancy.
- Private transportation.
- Full days in the field shooting, with expert instruction, geared to your level of expertise for an enhanced learning experience.
- Tour designed to create a fun and interactive environment that enhances your individual experience.
- Instruction on image processing as requested and feedback and image critiques and helpful suggestions throughout the trip on how to capture your ideal images.
- Entrance fees.
Cost $5,975/participant, Single Supplement – $1500 (due to the small group size)
To Register, click here for our Contact Page. This was we all avoid fees. 🙂 SOLD OUT
Minimum # of Participants: 2
Maximum # of Participants: 4
Guides: Alejandro Capelli, Denise Silva, and Geff Bourke
Itinerary – Subject to Change
Day 1 – April 24: Welcome to Argentina.
Arrival to El Calafate, Patagonia Argentina. Arriving midday, we will have a briefing on the trip and then head to the unique Perito Moreno Glacier. The accessibility to this glacier gives chances to have stunning panoramic views of the immense wall of ice, and with some luck, catch impressive glacier calving. With the proper conditions, sunset could paint clouds and mountains, with incredible colors.
Day 2 – April 25-30: From El Calafate to Torres del Paine NP, Chile.
Most of the morning and midday will be driving to Torres del Paine in Chile. During this trip, we will have opportunity to photography stunning scenery and if we are lucky, guanacos, Guachos, rheas (ostriches) and more. The hotel where we will stay until April 30, is situated in an unbeatable location, in the middle of the lake. From the lodge, we will be surrounded by the mountains with stunning views of the iconic rock formation of Los Cuernos (the Horns). Each day, starting with sunrise, we will travel through the park, to different locations, to capture landscape images. Also during the day, we will be working with puma spotters and with “the ranch” to capture images of Chile’s renowned pumas. The expectation for 2024 is that the pumas will have new born cubs, as for the past two years they have been weening their 2022 offspring!
Day 7 – April 30: From Torres del Paine to El Calafate
After the sunrise shoot, we transfer back to El Calafate, Argentina. After having dinner as a group, we officially conclude the tour.
Depending on flights, participants may begin their journey home on April 30, or morning flight on May 1.
While most shooting locations can be reached by road, we will do some hiking. Hikes will typically be easy to moderate in difficulty, and will generally be less than a mile one-way, but a few hikes may involve some moderate elevation gain, longer distances and require travel over rocky terrain. Decent physical fitness will certainly facilitate your enjoyment of this workshop. If you don’t feel that you can manage the longer hike, you are welcome to stay in town that morning.
Patagonian weather could be unpredictable, strong winds, rain, snow, low temperatures (few degrees below freezing point + wind), so warm cloths, long underwear, waterproof jacket, pants and shoes are very important to keep you dry warm under those conditions.
- Airfare to and from Buenos Aires (EZE) and on to Calafate (airport code FTE). Your flight to Calafate, may need to originate from the Domestic airport (AEP), which can be accessed by taxi from EZE. However, we will work with you to pick the proper flights.
- Although not included, we will facilitate planning for:
– Transport from Calafate to our hotel.
– Lodging in Buenos Aires or Calafate for before or after the trip if you would like to spend some additional time.
- Visas, if applicable. U.S. citizens need a valid passport to enter Argentina. Private U.S. citizens do not need a visa for visits of up to 90 days for tourism or business. Diplomatic or official passport holders must get visas prior to arrival.
- Currently, there are no requirements for testing or proof of vaccination for Covid-19.
- Local airport taxes
- Travel insurance (highly recommended). (Travelinsurance.com)
- Excess baggage charges.
- Laundry charges and items of personal nature.
- Breakfast, lunches, dinners, and alcoholic beverages. Although we will have at least one group dinner as part of the tour.
- Optional pre- or post-tours.
Participants are strongly advised to purchase travel protection insurance. Travelinsurance.com offers different options from various vendors and allows for product comparison.
Participant Information, Waiver, and Release – will be provided once registered
Healthy Packing List – click here.