As of January 1, 2023
Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination is Required for all of our trips, proof of vaccination is required using Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca or Johnson and Johnson vaccines. Other vaccines will be added as they are approved by US, Canadian, UK or EU health agencies. Booster shots are highly recommended and some countries may soon require them.
In the US when you get your vaccination, you receive a CDC card stating you have had one, two, or three of the shots and the date(s) you received them. Make sure you do receive the card and don’t lose it! Almost certainly it will become your “GET OUT OF JAIL FREE” card—your vaccine passport to the new normal. Many countries now require it for entry—as well as a negative PCR COVID-19 or other approved test document.
We will strive to offer common sense COVID-19 mitigation protocols for every trip we will operate in the foreseeable future—every location where we offer trips will be somewhat different depending on local regulations and entry requirements. The precautions we take to mitigate coronavirus exposure will not be a one-size-fits-all proposition. Yet, anytime we choose to travel, we must acknowledge the risk of contact to disease—COVID-19 or otherwise.
Some of the general travel protocols we will implement:
- Currently, a PCR COVID-19 viral test is required for virtually all travelers to many international destinations outside of their home regions reached by air travel, regardless of vaccination status.
- A COVID-19 viral test (either an antigen test or a nucleic acid amplification test} is currently required of all travelers entering or returning to the US taken one calendar day (or less) of your inbound international flight departure to the United States. On most international trips we will assist with arrangements to attain a conforming Covid test in time for inbound US flights at the traveler’s expense. US citizens can purchase these monitored rapid self-test kits and carry out the tests during this time frame. Please note these test kits are not the same tests as the type you can purchase at your local drug store. Please be sure to purchase these well in advance of your trip.
- Some COVID-19 PCR test results are documented in writing on a paper document and may also be available in electronic form from your healthcare provider. Both are acceptable for entry into the US in addition to the attestation form found here: https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/fr-proof-negative-test.html . Some countries require a WRITTEN/PRINTED copy of a negative COVID-19 PCR viral test result derived within three days of your inbound flight departure, or within three days of your arrival depending on local regulations. If you received your test results by text or email print the certificate you are sent. This covers the WRITTEN/PRINTED requirement in most cases.
- Until it is deemed safe by CDC or other official health organization to do otherwise, face masks will be required for all members of the group when indoors, in vehicles or when physical distancing of six feet or more between people is not possible. Some groups may have varied requirements depending on location and situation. On small groups, with 100% agreement of all group members, masks may be omitted in some circumstances. We recommend N95, KN95, or good-quality 3-ply masks while traveling. Please avoid cloth masks.
- Trip participants will be requested to bring 2 self-administered rapid test kits with them to avoid unnecessary trips to distant health facilities in event of mild illness of any kind. Flu shots are strongly recommended.
- Trip participants will be asked to bring their own personal hand sanitizer. Since COVID-19 is primarily an airborne disease, CDC reports transmission of COVID-19 via touch is relatively low.
- All tour leaders will receive instructions to review and discuss our COVID-19 protocols as it pertains to their tours, how to implement them and steps to take should someone begin to show signs/symptoms while on the tour.
- When practical we will have requested the COVID-19 protocols for each vendor we use to help us operate your trip. Any additional protocol, other than in this notification, will be discussed as a group at the beginning of each tour.
- Meals in restaurants will be managed according to the protocols in place per local, state and/or federal (country) guidelines. Each situation will require unique management and will be dealt with to the best of our ability for the comfort of all our guests.
- These protocols will be implemented and continually modified as more is learned about this disease, its variants, and its mitigation. We are closely following new developments and will adjust our response accordingly.
Communication with our travelers is important to us and we will strive to keep you up to date as conditions change. We encourage you to send us an email to email@example.com and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
We look forward to a return to normalcy! In the meantime, vaccine booster shots are available for adults in the US, the UK, Canada and other countries.
303 total views, 1 views today