The Palouse! – June 9 – June 13, 2019
Experience the beauty of grain growing region of the U.S.!
Cost: Early Bird – $1,150 until Nov 30, 2017, then $1350/participant
Limit: 10 participants
The Palouse is a region in south eastern Washington that borders Idaho on the East and is bordered on its southern edge by the Snake River. Known for its production of wheat, lentils, and canola, the rolling plains of the Palouse are majestic, with varying degrees of greens, yellows and browns. Spotted with barns, old abandoned vehicles, and quaint towns, the Palouse is a photographer’s dream.
Don and I have covered over 1800 miles of roadways through the Palouse and we have mapped out every cool barn, vista, and abandoned vehicle we have seen. We will share these treasures with you, as we will traversed this amazing area for 4 days. We will experience memories of days gone by and of the farming industry today. The tapestry of the fields is stunning when looking down on the Palouse from the mountain tops. Each year the landscape of the Palouse changes, with the changing of the fields and crops planted. No two years are alike!
We will meet on Sunday, June 11, at 4PM at the hotel. From there we will head out for sunset. We will shoot full days on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, making sure we are in the right locations depending on weather forecast. We will break midday for some lunch and R&R as needed. On Thursday, we will be up early and shoot until midmorning, returning to the hotel in time for check out. A detailed tour itinerary will be provided about registration.
- Expert instruction, geared to your level of expertise
- Breakfast (including with the hotel accommodations)
- Full days in the field shooting, with instruction provided as needed to elevate your photography
- Tour is designed to create a fun and interactive environment that enhances your individual experience
- Experienced location guidance
- Water and light snacks
- Feedback and image critiques and helpful suggestions through the trip
- Video tutorials tailored to processing images captured on the trip
- Hotel (We have secured a reduced rate for hotel rooms).
- Rental car or other transportation.
- Lunch and evening meals.
- Trip insurance (highly recommended).
All participants are strongly advised to purchase travel protection insurance. Travelinsurance.com offers many different options from various vendors and allows for product comparison.
Healthy Packing List – click here.
Tour Cancellation Policy:
Minimum number of participants is 4. If RRPT does not meet the required minimum, 100% of the deposit will be refunded. RRPT will not be responsible for booked airfare or other fees and expenses. RRPT will notify participants when the minimum number of participants has been reached. Please do not book your airfare until RRPT has confirmed the trip.
Participant Cancellation Policy:
RRPT requires written notice of your cancellation (email will be adequate), at which time the following fees are non-refundable:
- 60 days or less before the start of the trip – 100% of the fees paid are non-refundable
- 61-100 days – RRPT will refund your payment if we can fill your spot. If your spot is not filled, the deposit is non-refundable.
- 101-145 days – $250 non-refundable fee will be retained.
- 146+ days $100 non-refundable fee will be retained.
RRPT Cancellation of Photo Tour:
RRPT reserves the right to cancel any workshop if our minimum participant enrollment is not met or other unforeseen event. In the event we cancel a workshop, participants will be given the option to reschedule to a later date or receive a full refund. We are not however, liable for any expenses incurred including (but not limited to) costs such as airfare or accommodations, and for this reason will also recommend the purchase of trip insurance.
197 total views, 0 views today