Aurora photography is one of my passions. I enjoy the challenge of capturing this elusive phenomenon. There is the challenge of
- “Getting there” as these are most often seen in very remote locations.
- Braving frigid and often dangerous conditions, such as 30-40 below freezing!
- Waiting for nature to do her thing! This challenge is really a force of will. Willing yourself to stay outside in inhospitable conditions just waiting for something to happen!
- Getting the settings right! There is nothing more frustrating than finding out the focus was spot on or the shutter was open too long.
- Processing the images. Believe it or not, I struggle to produce images I want to share, as this subject is simply difficult to process (for me).
I am hoping my article on Tips for Aurora Photography will help you overcome some of the challenges I experience. Enjoy!!
Check out my most recent article now live on FUJIFILM X/GFX USA!!